IxDA Limerick marked 2015 – Year of Irish Design through a series of invited talks and workshop-style events. Irish Design 2015 was the start of a job creation journey exploring, promoting and celebrating Irish design and designers through events and activities on the island of Ireland and internationally.Thanks to an ID2015 grant, we were able to invite interaction designers, product/service designers, graphic & sound designers, architects, urban planners, cultural heritage professionals, academics from Ireland and other European countries to give talks at IxDa Limerick meet ups. The topics of the talks were selected to illustrate a wide range of design practices related to ongoing or past projects. We worked hard to bring over reputed speakers who are authorities in their practice or research area.
The intended outcome of the talks is to give the Limerick audience the opportunity to learn about state-of-the-art design projects, practices and methods.
- 23 March 2015, 7pm, Absolute Hotel – Simon O’Rafferty – Service Design: Tactics and Pitfalls
- 20 April 2015, 7pm, FabLab Limerick – Connie Golsteijn-Talk: Crafting with Physical and Digital Materials: Hybrid Forms of Making in Theory and Practice
- 11 May 2015, 7pm, Absolute Hotel – Mark Marshall – Talk: Failing Gracefully – The Importance of Failure in Interactive Systems
- 8 June 2015, 6:30pm, Absolute Hotel – Ignite Talks – Let’s Talk About Irish Design!
- 25 June 2015, 7pm, Absolute Hotel – Martijn de Waal – Talk: The Hackable City
- 14 September 2015, 7pm, Absolute Hotel – Luigina Ciolfi – Talk: Engaging with (Irish) Heritage
- 1 October 2015, 7pm, Ormston House – Beryl Graham – Digital Curation
- 10 October 2015, 10:30 am – Wikipedia Editing Hackathon facilitated by Rebecca O’Neill & Shannon Eichelberger
- 2 November 2015, 7pm, Absolute Hotel – Ann Light – Designing With and For Older Communities